Choosing the right digital marketing company is essential for any business that wants to leverage the web for promotion and sales. In order to make sure that you do not end up hiring a company that hurts rather than helps your online presence, it is best to research thoroughly. Ask the following questions to the company to gauge its ability to serve your interests in the post-Panda world.
1. What methods will you use to help me achieve high ranking or to drive valuable traffic to my website?
2. Apart from SEO, what other digital marketing tactics will you use?
3. Do you have experience with PPC management and other paid online advertisement methods?
4. Do you use any techniques that are frowned upon by Google? Why? Can this negatively affect my website at a later point of time?
5. How will you help us increase our PageRank?
6. Do you use link-building to elevate PageRank? How do you ensure that Google doesn’t penalize this behavior?
7. Do you buy links from high PageRank websites?
8. Do you use tools that automate SEO tasks? Which are these tools?
9. Do you use social media optimization as a part of your digital marketing strategy?
10. Will my website link to your website? Could this create problems?
11. Can you show and explain some previous projects that you have successfully handled?
12. Do you, or some members of your team, participate and contribute articles or comments to popular SEO blogs or forums? Can you show me your presence on such forums?
13. Since how many years has your team been working? Are you independent consultants or an established company?
14. What is the highest rank that a competitive keyword promoted by your team has achieved?
15. Can you give me stats that show increased ROI and business for a client through your SEO efforts?
16. Is it possible for me to talk to one or two of your current clients? Will they be happy to give you a reference?
17. Can you tell me about the rankings that all your different projects are targeting and achieving this year?
18. Do your employees have experience with different technologies? Can you help me with basic web design and other programming needs that may arise as a part of SEO?
19. Will we need to change the code of my website for SEO?
20. How much minimum increase in traffic and leads can I expect from your efforts?
21. How long will it take your search engine optimization efforts to bear fruit?
22. What assistance will you expect from me or my company?
23. Do you have a stable team of content providers? What is their experience?
24. What changes do you feel we should make to our website to improve ranking and get more conversions?
25. What kind of reports will be get from your side? Will they be simple and easy to understand?
26. Do you have marketing and business analysts? Do you offer ROI analysis services as a part of SEO or separately?
These probing questions will help you measure the ability and competence of the SEO company. Hire a company or consultant who has satisfactory and clear answers to these questions.